View Single Post
Old
11-22-2011, 02:39 PM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucewaynegretzky View Post
This doesn't change the fact that you want the team to cover THREE #1 D-man salaries while still supporting a quality team overall.... Basically your complaint seems to boil down to Mez and Carle don't play like a #1. We need at least three of those. They should also play at #1 level for 3/4 $$$.
Timonen has 1 more year after this year and I think he drops to 3M...Pronger's hit isn't massive either. They can fit in another number 1 since Timonen likely will retire after 2012. The time will be this offseason to position themselves. It's not about effin Mez and Carle not playing like a number 1 it's about using them and their salaries as leverage to secure a much needed asset for the very near future while you can and then finding equally avg D men at reasonable prices. I'm not going to go on cap geek and go through all the different scenarios but it's not like it can't be worked out. I agree it might be tough to have a fairly solid corp but again I think it's doable but they will have to be pretty savy with shedding salary and replacing the right players.

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote