Old
11-22-2011, 07:26 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
FAT SLOB

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
Sloppy, undisciplined play you say? You mean like the kind of play we are ALWAYS calling Briere for? Didn't Lavvy just scream at him for taking dumb penalties and Briere shrugged it off?

Briere is totally dogging it right now.

It's amazing that we always think the other teams' players are 10x worse than our own.
No, I've watched a lot of Semin. He dogs it a lot, and has for a while. Semin would be hated on this team immediately. For instance...Briere at least tries to backcheck, he just isn't good at defense...Semin is bad at defense and doesn't even attempt it. From what I can gather from the media here, he is a bad character in the room as well. He's also terrible with the media, which just won't fly here. Washington's media is more forgiving, but he'd get torn to shreds for it in Philly. Briere has a reputation for stepping up in the playoffs...Semin is inconsistent as hell. I remember he had one or two great games against Montreal, but I don't remember any other great playoff performances from him besides that.

If Carter was disliked here, Semin would be despised. He's very Zherdevesque.