View Single Post
Old
11-22-2011, 07:13 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
Unfortunatly not just for Markov it is the way it seems to be in pro sports which also leads me to believe there will be another work stoppage with the PA having Fehr running things for them.

On topic though as for Markov accepting the deal for a one year term like I said if he truly is eager to continue his tenure in MTL it may have been something he considered who knows if PG even offered it especially considering his injury.
I think you`re kidding yourself if you think Markov would have accepted a 1 year deal at 1.5M...and you`d also be kidding yourself if you think the Habs would of even insulted him with such an offer.

The way you want the Habs to run operations, they wouldn`t be able to sign anyone...Markov is a tenured veteran of this organization, he`s respected and the last time his contract was up, he took less than he would have commanded on the open market to stay in Montreal...offering him 1.5M on a 1 year deal would be the ultimate slap in the face, they`d be better off just telling him they`re not interested in his services anymore.

Either way, re-signing Markov was risky...everyone acknowledges that, but it was also a no-brainer, you don`t just walk away from your best player. Obviously, before re-signing him to his deal, the Habs did their homework...so you`re just going to have to trust that world class doctors know a bit more about Markov`s knee injury than you do.

It seems you have this theory that the Habs just blindly called up Markov and gave him 5.75M without verifying anything...get real man

I hope Markov can get a bit of luck on his side and avoid the injury bug, cause I can`t wait to call out those who have written him off so quickly

He can`t come back soon enough for me