View Single Post
Old
11-22-2011, 07:17 PM
AntonCH

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 29dryden29 View Post
Well I think Hammr with a year maybe 2 at a little less than what he was getting I am willing to bet he would have stayed in MTL if a deal had been offered. He was pretty solid for us and a good guy to put say Diaz or Weber with so solidify that pairing. Wiz was another option not sure about the dollars to keep him and it sounds like we never even offered him a deal. Jovo would have been an option I believe it o=would have been via a trade as I do not believe he signed in FLA but was traded.
So in essence, we sign Hamrlik who the whole fanbase felt couldn't play the big minutes anymore for extended lengths (and it showed in the playoffs), as for pairing young guys with vets, i believe thats why Gill was retained instead of Hamrlik

Wiz at his dollars is not a better deal than Markov, and both have similar injury histories so the risk is about the same, yet Markov is a better Dman

As for Jovo as much as I liked the guy for some reason he's not the player he once used to be. let's say we bit, what assets would we have used in that trade?

Markov is more valuable to this team than any of the other options, just remember a season is a marathon and not a sprint. Crosby came back with great fanfare and hoopla why can't markov?