View Single Post
Old
11-22-2011, 08:33 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
Wiz only scored once, that's the most important stat considering he's paid for that booming shot.
Playing on such a crappy team doesn't help though, but I didn't even want him re-signed at a decent price, so at his current salary, it's not even a discussion.
Except Wiz wasn't here to score goals either (although he did score some and is capable), his true value was QB'ing the PP and you can bet your bottom dollar that our PP would be amongst the best with him and Subban playing back there.

Is he worth the price tag? Probably not. Is he as good as Markov? Not pre-injury, not by a mile. We'll see where the future takes us. I have a good feeling about Markov being effective when he comes back, but it's early to say we made the right call. There is also the lingering question as to whether we can make the PP work without a left-handed bomb on the point for Markov to setup, where as Subban-Wisniewski was a proven commodity.

I actually think the team could have been aggressive in approaching both players (think bye-bye Gomez, or leaving Gill off the table and finding Spacek a home on a team needing cap-relief). I'd rather build the team with very offensive minded D-men (let's not forget Markov & Subban are no slouches defensively) and let guys like Desharnais and Eller compete for the 2nd line spot, which ironicly they are doing now anyways...