View Single Post
Old
11-22-2011, 10:49 PM
The Butcher
Gutless

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSP View Post
Let me explain it to you then - the Kings are not playing anywhere near their potential. You can't depend on the better teams making those kind of bonehead mistakes to gift wrap a game like that for you.

If the Kings are going to go ANYWHERE this season, they are going to have to play MUCH closer to their potential. If they played a really good team, they would have been buried after that really poor 1st period.

I'm not just watching this team and expecting them to do OK - they have the potential to be something really special. Every game they play like this allows them to depend on luck rather than skill - and that luck will be less and less evident as they play better teams.

I'm happy for you if you're satisfied with a mediocre performance at best so long as they win - my bar is set MUCH higher than that. Watching a team for 38 years will do that to you. Obviously I'd rather that they don't lose, but for the long term progress, I'd rather see them totally outplay other teams, but lose the occasional game due to bad bounces because I KNOW that those bad bounces won't always be around.

A good team will overcome those bad bounces and excel in the end.
Well hey I've been following this team for 25 years and, while I occasionally agree with some of your thoughts, I think much of your negativity is a little overly dramatic. It seems like alot of times you are just trying to live up to your tagline and I agree with the other poster who thought it seemed like you got more satisfaction from losses than wins.

Nobody here knows how this team will be playing come playoff time, including yourself. I know there is nothing I can say to cheer you up and while I find your posts interesting, they often frustrate me. I think alot of folks around here know that this team is still capable of playing well in big games, but we might not QUITE be ready yet. Each season has been slightly better than the last and there is no indication that this season won't follow suit.

I thought the boys got another timely goal late in the game and earned tonights victory. Hopefully another two points tommorow.

GO KINGS!

The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote