View Single Post
Old
11-23-2011, 08:34 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 500
Awards:
This isn't "all about the stats."

You don't need to look at the box score to know that the Rangers need to do a better job getting shots on on net. Is there anyone out there that has watched the team this season that honestly hasn't thought to themselves, "Man, we aren't generating that many good shots on goal?" Honestly.

We're fresh off a seven-game winning streak. Awesome, I'm thrilled. The team has shown that they can win games even when they're not firing on all cylinders. They've done a decent job converting their somewhat limited chances, and play great defense and have excellent goaltending. All things to be happy about.

MOVING FORWARD, it's an issue we need to address. Playing solid defense and getting timely goals is a great, but at some point, we're going to need generate more chances on a more consistent basis. I just don't see the team maintaining their current pace if they can't consistently get pucks on net.

How many times has the team last in shots on goal advanced in the playoffs? I'd venture a guess that it doesn't happen frequently.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote