Thread: Sean Couturier
View Single Post
Old
11-23-2011, 10:42 PM
DeflatedFootball7

vCash: 500
Sean Couturier

"Why not, he's our best defensive forward?"-Pete Laviolette after 2-1 win VS Bruins

What happened to this exactly? He went from being our best defensive forward to being a 4th liner how exactly? It's becoming a concern for me because this is starting to look like Andreas Nodl except with slightly more skill. Now you may think this is an overreaction but look at the facts. Nodl was a second round pick in 2006. He was dominating at Saint Cloud. Meanwhile Couturier was a first rounder in 2011. He was dominating with the Voltuigers. Both of them imo are being used rather poorly. Nodl should have been an offensive player and he showed some of what he should have been last year. Couturier should be an offensive third liner, and yet he's ******* around on the fourth line. My queston is obvious. Why? Nodl's time has sadly passed. I still like him but he will never be the player he was projected to be. Meanwhile Couturier is being misused right now. It's poor for his development and I don't want him turning into another Nodl. A player who shows flashes but can't get it done because of a goofy development process. Thoughts? (Please no flames )