Thread: Sean Couturier
View Single Post
Old
11-23-2011, 09:59 PM
DeflatedFootball7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkinaa View Post
I don't recall if I heard it during one of the games or read it somewhere (maybe even here), but this was a concern seeing as Nodl went from a scorer to a bottom 6 player with little offense. I'm sure though that many of us, if not all of us, want Couturier to get more ice time (not 4th line duty and more pp time). That's one reason why he has not been producing and why it'll harm his long term abilities. I'd rather see him on the 3rd line or be used on the top 2 lines as winger, but getting 4th line duty and pking time makes it seem that he would be better off being able to play more with an expended role or back in the minors than 6-13 minutes a game in a limited role. I thought that with Schenn hurt he would be moved up to the 3rd line, but I was wrong. I am in no way saying he isn't NHL ready and the Flyers are better with him, I just think, and agree with you, that he should be used in ways he is currently not being used that could end up draining his ability to produce offensively just like Nodl. Overall though he is and should be better than Nodl so maybe things will change in the future.
Thank you! I don't think people realize how dominating Nodl was at St. Cloud. And look at what he's become now. I just am worried that the same thing will happen to Couturier.