View Single Post
Old
11-23-2005, 11:20 AM
John Flyers Fan

vCash: 500
Richards was the better player in October.
Carter has been the better player in November.

I think Richards will put up better numbers once the team gets healthy, because he'll get the better linemates, as long as Hitch keeps Carter at center.

Once the team gets healthy again, I'd love to see them go back to trying Carter on the wing again. One game, while battling mono was not enough to judge.

When healthy I'd love to see:

Gagne - Forsberg - Knuble
Handzus - Richards - Carter
Kapanen - Primeau - Stevenson
Sharp - Umberger - Radivojevic

I'd also look into flip/flopping Carter & Knuble on occasion.

Carter is the 2nd best goal scorer on the team (Gagne), and closer to being number one, than number three. He's probably the 2nd best stickhandler on the team as well (Forsberg). The most pleasant surprise has been his physical game. During the Phantoms playoff run, he wasn't overly physical; although he was excellent at winning one-on-one battles along the wall. He doesn't throw a ton of bodychecks, but usually 1-3 per game, but they are all big hits. he's really surprised and laid out some defenseman.

Richards started off great, and then I thought he had a 2-3 week stratch where he wasn't doing too much. His last 2-3 games before the injury were his best in about a month. Hopefully the injury won't have any lasting effects.