View Single Post
Old
11-24-2011, 10:53 AM
mirimon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Bourdons skating looks really impressive. What happened to him being slow and having a really bad stride? He's essentially what carle should be
Bourdon has been solid, but he's a guy you have on the ice for 14-15 minutes or so. For all the shortcomings of Carle, he plays 20+ minutes for a reason. What Gustafsson, Bourdon and Marshall might have shown in their games this season, is that the Lilja signing was slightly unnecessary. Stupid 35+ rules...

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersfan9180 View Post
I would also if it wasn't a Hall of Famer coming back to push him back to the minors haha. He has played well though, a ton better than I expected. His biggest knock was his skating but it hasn't looked bad yet. Maybe he is improved and is looking for a spot next year! Any competition is good competition.
I wouldn't mind having Bourdon up a little longer and sit Lilja for a while. Lilja is up and down, and I think he'll tire if he plays too many games during the season. It's been good to see Bourdon (and Marshall) playing this well, perhaps we can thank our lucky stars it's been against the Hurricanes and the Islanders though, what with Bartulis and Walker having to pass through reentry waivers.