View Single Post
Old
11-24-2011, 11:26 AM
MarkovsKnee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CareyClutch View Post
SOmeone can enlighten me about Darche and Subban?
Both Darche and Eller were wide open for passes at the 'Canes blueline, and both were tapping their sticks for a pass from Subban. By the time Subban decided who he was going to pass too, both were being checked, and all Darche could do with the pass once he got it was chip it in. Subban's late decision making cost what could have been a great offensive opportunity. Darche was pissed at him for holding onto the puck and meandering around with it in the neutral zone rather than making a quick forward pass up ice.

You could see right away that Darche was pissed. He started jawing at Subban right away, and then added some more once they were both on the bench together.

Darche aside, Subban's poor decision making is the reason that he is not picking up points right now. Defensively, he's playing okay. Offensively, he's holding onto the puck past the point of "too long", and is taking himself or his teammates out of offensive opportunities. He just can't seem to decide what the hell he wants to do with the puck once he has it in the neutral zone or the offensive zone, and too often ends up just skating around with it doing nothing.

I can understand Darche's frustration because I was getting frustrated watching Subban against the Canes and I ADORE Subban. But, even I kept yelling out: For **** sakes Subban pass the god damn puck.

He won`t get better offensively until he learns to make quicker decisions and to use his teammates better.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote