View Single Post
Old
11-24-2011, 05:07 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

vCash: 500
I was suggesting that the Kings pursue Wellwood over Moreau and was given a hint before the signing was official that the Kings were interested in Moreau, given that apparently he was well liked by a lot of people within the organization and some familiarity with players.

Oilers fans warned us of his tendency to take untimely and needless penalties. One would think as a veteran he would wise up but I guess that is one of the drawbacks of having an intense player in your lineup.

I understand what the Kings were thinking, they lost a lot of size and some grit along the corners and down low with the losses of Handzus, Simmonds and Ponikarovsky, but Moreau doesn't bring any other intangibles that the Kings needed at the time, for instance, some additional speed and a bit of a scoring touch to the bottom six, which is why I was suggesting the Kings go after Wellwood in the first place.

You're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't. It still doesn't excuse Moreau of his boneheaded play against Dallas. He made one strong play that led to Westgarth's first goal then followed that up with a costly mistake that cost the Kings a point.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote