View Single Post
Old
11-24-2011, 06:00 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKarey Plekoretty View Post
Ok, this might sound pretty stupid, or very much like a "fan boy" as someone eluded to above, and even if Darche had a point, I still feel like he should shut it

He's never even dreamt of having the skill PK has on his worst day. So wheteher PK should have passed the puck or not, I don't like him screaming at our young, defensive gun. I hope to see PK wearing a Habs jersey long after Darche is gone

I found a few instances last night that PK was holding the puck too long on the blue line though. A few times the puck would come to him and I was screaming at the TV for him to shoot. And he just held it long enough for a Carolina foward to get close enough to force him to dump it in the corner. Let er rip PK!
I don't get why people are treating this like Darche is being mean to Subban. One of Darches roles on this team is to be a mentor to the younger players, since the only reason he's in the NHL to begin with is through hard work and intelligence. You are constantly seeing him talk to other players on the bench. You don't have to be a good hockey player to be a good hockey mind (see Darche's fellow McGill grads Boucher and Babcock). Darche has the right to yell at him when Subban makes a poor decision, I don't think Subban is immature enough to take it personally.

Remember how Hal Gill lost it when Subban threw his equipment in the locker room last year? The media tried to make a big deal out of it when it was just a veteran teaching a younger player how to behave.

It's really not fair to Darche to make accusations that he's jealous or something. Darche hasn't been very effective this year and he should sit on the bench more when White comes back, but part of the reasons we have players like him and Gill on this team is to be on ice coaches.

Et le But is online now   Reply With Quote