View Single Post
Old
11-24-2011, 10:37 PM
MSPGabe
Born & Bred In Maine

vCash: 500
Hey all, finally joined!

Name: Gabriel Hammond

Location: Currently in school in Wenham, MA on the North Shore, but I live in Biddeford, ME

Favorite All-time Bruins: Ray Bourque, Cam Neely, Sergei Samsonov, PJ Axelsson, PJ Stock

Favorite Current Bruins: Nathan Horton, Milan Lucic, Tim Thomas, Tyler Seguin, Brad Marchand

Favorite Non-Bruin Players: Patrick Marleau, Ryan Clowe, Steven Stamkos, Marty St. Louis, Shane Doan, James van Riemsdiek

Favorite Movies: Rudy, Miracle, With Honors, Field of Dreams, Jaws

Music: Rush, The Beatles

Hobbies: XBox 360, Racquetball

Favorite food: Hot Pastrami and Cheese

Favorite Beer: Sam Adams Boston Lager, Sam Adams Octoberfest

Favorite Bruin moment/How I became a fan: I've been a fan as long as I can remember. My first memory that really sticks out is Bourque getting the All Star MVP in '96. But things tapered a bit in the early 2000's. I stopped playing hockey, the Pats and Red Sox were winning, and the lockout certainly didn't help. I view my fandom in two, very distinct stages. The childhood fandom where I was a casual, and the adulthood fandom where I am a die hard. That truly began with Sturm's GWG in Game 6 against Montreal in the 2008 Quarterfinals.

In person, I've seen a lot in the last two seasons. Savard's 2010 ECSF OT goal was special, but being at Game 7 against Montreal this year, seeing Horton win it has to be tops.

How long I have been a B's fan: See above. Been one all my life. I barely remember Neely, but I watched in the 90's. Truly haven't been a diehard until 2007-2008.

Origin of screen name: I couldn't think of anything clever. 231's my lucky number.

Jerseys owned: Milan Lucic Winter Classic jersey, Nathan Horton 2010-2011 Home Jersey with Final patch.

MSPGabe is offline   Reply With Quote