View Single Post
Old
11-25-2011, 01:14 PM
Island Husky

vCash: 500
He is back and playing really well actually. Thorton and Rancourt have been gone for two years now. That is an "eon" in the AUS. I agree CIS, at the beginning of the year I was very skeptical. I have only seen them live twice, once here in PEI at the beginning of the season and in Moncton a few weeks later, a 4-3 shootout loss. As UdeM jumped out to a 3-0 lead early in the second, I thought it is going to be a long rebuild. Then at about the midpoint of the second, they just took over, as you say, a TS coached team, they thrive on that deep cycle and corner play, just wave after wave of it, they also hit four posts, then MacKinnon's backhand in the shootout also went off the post. All in all I was really surprised, they were much better squad then I thought and saw in Charlottetown. Acadia has had their number for years, notwithstanding the 3-1 series win the year of the CIS championship (2010) I think they play better on the road than they do in the Forum actually, but I could be wrong. It is hard to see the details on webcast. Anyway, to get to the CIS tournament, you need to have several national calibre all star types, I agree, but they'll hold their own this year.

Island Husky is offline   Reply With Quote