View Single Post
Old
11-25-2011, 01:54 PM
PWJunior
Beware the POOP!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by molsonmuscle360 View Post
I have a feeling something was said between the Isles and Blake during arbitration. It just seems since then he has totally checked out as an Islander. Some players have to feel needed by their team, and if they don't think they are in the long term plans they don't want to be there.
I agree with you, but didn't he sign before the arbitration? He did have a pretty good year, 24 goals is solid. The fact that he's sitting there all summer and watching Okposo, Grabner, Moulson, and Tavares all get long term contracts - he may have been thinking, 'where's mine?'

His lack of passion could also be construed as sulking. It was clear that there had to be some sort of wedge in the relationship though. In his last game, some Isles fans noticed that when his line would go for a change, he would stay on for about half a shift so he could get some time with Tavares or Neilsen. He did it a couple of times and he could have easily made the change each time, but didn't. That's kind of interesting.

Anyway, it doesn't matter anymore. Blake Comeau is now a Calgary Flame. If Sutter can't get him going, then I don't know who can.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote