View Single Post
Old
11-25-2011, 02:46 PM
Tampa Bay Trio
Just Jo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
Not sure what the rush is with Downie is all of the sudden. Sure he's not having a great year, but he's young and has a bright future in this league. I also don't want to lose his intangibles, and I don't see how that proposal helps us. Any moves we make will likely have an impact past this season, because I don't think we're in a position to contend for the cup this year even if we do pursue a player or two.
It's not a rush to move Downie imo, he's had one bad year and this one is looking that it'll be worse than last year. A change of scenery might serve him well, and a move for Chris Stewart isn't one that compromises our future; he's the same age as Downie but a much better player. I'd rank him around 8-10 in power forwards in the league and he also brings grit. The difference between him and Downie is that he can play a top 6 role and not look out of place with Marty and Stammer. That added size, scoring and grit to our top 6 is more valuable than what Downie currently provides on the 3rd line (limited ice time).

Purcell seems to be everybody's (and Boucher's) punching bag and could also benefit from a change of scenery, while Clark is simply a throw in. Jackman would be assessed similar to Brewer and if he can learn the system, could be re-signed past this season.