View Single Post
Old
11-24-2005, 09:01 AM
Pred303

vCash: 500
of course this was simply a win..nothing extra special about a win in November..certainly nothing earth shattering or eye opening in the big picture of things, beating a CLB team with more losses than anyone else in the league..

however to me this was a fairly important win or could prove to be a fairly important win because of several factors..

1)this win now puts us at 13-3-3...29 points in 19 games.. last year we finished with 91 points... after this win last night, if we finish the year onlly 27-27-6 in our last 63 games...well then we finish with 92 points, more than lasy year, and that's really only if we play truly mediocre hockey the entire rest of the season.. now of course 92 points almost surely won't even get you into the playoffs this year, but still to me it shows what a start we've had so far
2)this was one of those 'games in hand' we have over detroit against chi.clb,stl.. ones they already won...they're 8-1 against these three divison foes, we're now 5-0-1 aginst the three
3)the win gained us a split of what became a two game roadtrip... something very difficult to achieve in the nhl this year..only 5 teams in the west have played .500 hockey or better on the road.. us, DET, LA, DAL, and EDM.. our mantra needs to continue to be, play .500 or better on the road, and take care of business at home
4)the win means we now head home with a win before a tough 5 game homestand..against some very difficult clubs...LA,DAL,CAL,MIN, and PHIL...great to have these two with these tough games coming up
5)important because we all hate CLB, and needed to beat them down with 6 more games against this team this year..needed to prove to them and to us that we were the better team after they had beaten us three in a row and picked up federov
6)because i wanted to enjoy thanksgiving dinner