View Single Post
Old
11-24-2005, 01:44 PM
markzab

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to markzab
This may sound a little strange but I'm kind of happy that Carter is on one of the bottom 2 lines right now. We've seen what he can do with the puck when healthy, even though he probably has a little more recovering to do. I think that keeping him on the lower lines is a good thing for now because it is teaching him to work harder since he's playing along-side less skilled athletes. I would even go as far as saying I'd like him to be kept on these lower lines for another 2 months, at least.

If he can learn to play great and score goals and set up plays while playing with guys like this...imagine what will happen wen he actually gets some good line-mates. My thinking is kind of in line with how a baseball player puts that weight on his bat when he's on deck. He swings the weighed down bat, so when he takes it off and steps up to the plate, the bat feels like a feather, and swing it around to crack a homer...is cakework. That's why I'd like to see Carter learn in **** for a while before moving up.

The same thought process can relate to Gagne. The kid sat in **** for what, 3 years? He was still able to reach the 30 goal mark. Now that he's been rewarded with playing with good line-mates, we're starting to see why we've heald onto this kid for so long.

I think the same thing will happen with Carter. Hell, keep him on the lower 2 lines until a month before the playoffs, then give him the month to get used to his new guys on the 2nd line, and the extra ice time, and I think we'll see an explosion that nobody in the league was expecting come playoffs.

Ok, I'm done.