View Single Post
Old
11-26-2011, 02:38 AM
KaylaJ
Tungsten!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney the Kidney View Post
It's a ridiculous argument. The point of the supposed harsh crackdown that we saw in exhibition was the emphasis on removing those types of hits from the game.

In exhibition, whether or not the player was hurt had very little to do with why the players were getting suspended. They were getting suspended because those hits were, at the time, deemed unacceptable.

Now, apparently, it's back to the whole "as long as the player isn't hurt, headshots aren't too bad and might earn you somewhere between a fine and a 2 to 3 game holiday".
Yeah. I don't even understand how one can really judge by the injury. We've seen many times from all sorts of hits that you don't always know the real story until the days after.

As for Boudreau, I have to admit the idea of him losing to the Penguins, if he's still there, did cross my mind as being a final straw as well. Of course, I also thought he'd be fired after the TB series too. They could have a very interesting summer if they don't make a big splash past April.