View Single Post
Old
11-26-2011, 11:50 AM
The Wyzerhood
A league of his own

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alaskan Assassin View Post
I am a huge fan of Christ Stewart, but I don't agree with Downie needing a change of scenery. We've seen what he can do at this level, he's just gotten off to a slow start. I also don't think he deserves to be on the 3rd and 4th lines all the time, especially now that we're struggling big time. I think everyone can agree that our best line, when it was together, was St. Louis-Stamkos-Downie last year. I'd like to see Boucher go back to that at least temporarily to try and spark Downie's offensive game.

I agree that Chris Stewart is a very good power forward, but if we dealt for him I wouldn't want to lose Steve Downie in the process. I'd actually be more inclined to deal Malone++ for him if the Blues would take the salary (hypothetically speaking of course, I doubt Malone wants to go anywhere).
That's a fair assessment of the trade, the only issue when thinking up trades is also considering a fair package for the other team. I don't actually see this trade happening ever, as St.Louis is playing well and they just acquired Stewart near the deadline last year. It was really just to spark discussion to see if you all thought Stewart and Jackman were the type of players we needed to improve our roster.

Downie's still got potential to be back in a top 6 role, but he's just looked lost when playing with Marty and Stammer this year. He works hard, wins battles and is fearless but he's missing easy scoring chances and is more than a step behind those 2. I'd like to see him improve his game as much as anyone because added toughness to our top 6 is a definite need.