View Single Post
Old
11-26-2011, 12:22 PM
californiacapsfan
Registered Voter

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HSHS View Post
Agreed. And on the first point the players may be frustrated and confused caused they don't know where the lines are because of BB's communication style. And that frustration may come across as quitting on the coach. I know this season is a whole different set of rules for players and coaches. There was always going to be pain. Not a smooth transition. I hope gmgm and Ted know the difference between pain and failure and don't cut bb too soon.
This last point is very important but it runs up against the calendar. I think a coaching change may well be in order and agree with what's been said here about the difference between a lax coach changing his style vs. someone coming in tough from the start, but it is possible that these are merely growing pains and it will sort itself out with BB behind the bench.

I think tho that time becomes a factor pretty soon, too. Even if the ship will right, can we afford to fall to 12th in the EC going into the new year? Don't think so. A few more games is all the cushion I think GMGM and Ted can allow.

Also, thinking about this I had another depressing thought: if the Caps fire Bruce, I could see the Avs replacing Sacco with him. Given how good he can be with a young roster, he could **** that promising situation up for the Caps too. Sorry, just a little post-rout catastrophizing.

californiacapsfan is offline   Reply With Quote