View Single Post
Old
11-26-2011, 04:35 PM
Drewbackatu*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stepanformayor View Post
Torts said after the game tonight that "Step is our best player in all areas right now". The kid just does not make any mistakes out there game in and game out. Great to see a young player playing so well. I would love to hear everyones thoughts.
I have been following Derek Stepan very closely since his wisconsin days and the thing that has stood out above everything about him is his hockey IQ and they way he sees and thinks the game. His game has improved in the areas of physicality and his forechecking. He is a very creative passer and always seems to be around the puck. He isn't the best skater, doesn't have the best shot and still doesn't hold his own on faceoffs but I firmly believe that Derek Stepan at age 21 will continue to improve his areas of weakness and he will solidify his areas of strength. His hockey smarts and maturity will lead him to a long and successful Rangers career where I believe his upside(with Kreider and ?) will be as a 2nd line center(for the time being) producing about 70+ points a year.

Drewbackatu* is offline   Reply With Quote