View Single Post
11-26-2011, 07:35 PM
Join Date: Jul 2008
Originally Posted by
After much thought, I've reconsidered.
Let's rewind, shall we?
1. Van Laren hits Gaudet and down he goes. Play continues in the STU end and Quesnel hunts him down and gives him a slash on the leg.
2. Whistle blows and Quesnel is given a Match penalty. Ref speaks to Van Laren and nods his head. Van Laren is given nothing for the hit.
3. UdeM bench goes nuts. Tabernacks and Chalices being flung all over the place.
4. Ref finally goes over to see what the fuss is about and Serge blasts him.
5. Referee:"But Serge, Van Laren didn't mean it, he said so, and besides Gaudet had his head down so it's his fault. And besides, that was just like a Scott Stevens hit that didn't ruin anyone's career."
6. Serge: "I guess you're right. Sorry for being upset and I'll tell my guys to quiet down"
And they all lived happily ever after.
I know, I know. My problem isn't the penalty or the suspension, per ce. It's with a few folks (Timbit not included because I would be the same way if it happened to one on my side and it has) that want to make Van Laren a villain and have openly done as much.
It's over with but I'm not letting a few squirrels slander Van Laren endlessly and rest assured if someone didn't defend him, every time his name was mentioned some "commentators" would bring it up.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by STUTOMMIES