Thread: Aaron Miller
View Single Post
Old
11-25-2005, 01:52 AM
swinginutter*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45
Look at what we got for Schneider that year. Miller at the time was a better defenseman than Schneider. We would've got more than a 3rd for Miller when the NHL was far more defensively minded. I'm not saying we'd ahve got as much as the Schneider trade, but we'd have gotten quite a bit.
I wont deny that i'm one of the Miller bashers. But i'm glad he's filling the bill when we originally signed him. I didn't really like the way he handled the contract situation.......but most players that enter UFA land handle it the same. He played a contract year, and forced the Kings hand. I still think he was awful his last two seasons, but i'm all for jumping on his band-wagon this year. Quite frankly he's been "NAILS"......and nothing else. I hope he continues on this path with the Kings.

As for the Schneider assessment, I don't agree one bit. His defense was and is beyond stellar and is comparable to Miller's this year. Difference is Schneider is a two-way defenseman that has a nasty side and can play very smart positionally. He became the number one defenseman in Detroit, but wasn't riding the same name tag that Lidstrom has. Lubo is following in his footsteps minus the nasty side...