View Single Post
Old
11-26-2011, 09:49 PM
Broad st phantom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackStraw View Post
I use the stats to support my argument that he does what he gets paid to do, which is to generate offense from the blue line. If you'd prefer something more subjective... he's arguably the team's best skating defenseman- not as fast as Coburn but maybe more mobile. Has far better offensive skill and awareness than Coburn, is a good passer (but lousy shooter), effectively jumps up in the offensive zone, and is pretty solid defensively. Rarely gets beat one on one and uses his skating pretty well to cover in the defensive zone. As I said, not a Norris candidate but an upgrade will cost significantly more, unless the team grooms a young replacement- something which in their history they have not been very good at.
You have watched him this season and say this? IMO he's the one player on a regular basis I shake my head at game in and game out who's names aren't Lilja or Shelly. Bad position and turnovers have been a lot more noticeable, than any good play he has offered, so far he has been horrible.

Broad st phantom is offline   Reply With Quote