View Single Post
Old
11-27-2011, 01:38 AM
smoneil

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeds2StepOpus View Post
What illness is he recovering from? I haven't heard a damn thing about an illness.

Truth is, I'm a huge Dubinksy guy. Always have been. But he's lookd absolutely horrible...like some primadonna for the last four games. I'd like to know what illness he's had.
It was in one of the practice reports from early last week. It mentioned that Dubinsky had returned to practice after missing the previous day with an illness. It didn't specify the illness, but I'm guessing flu or something similar.

Dubi has not looked "absolutely horrible." He's been playing his game just like he always has with the one exception that he hasn't been shooting the puck. The result is that he's racking up assists at a rate he never has in the past (at his current pace, he'll have 40+ assists).

Bottom line is that, if this team is going to go anywhere long-term, then Dubinsky's goalscoring needs to come back. The team has enough playmakers. Richards' left wing is the best possible place for Dubinsky to do that. Putting him back at center (where the natural instinct is to pass) is possibly the worst place for him to be.

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote