View Single Post
Old
11-27-2011, 05:41 AM
Needles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiLe View Post
Mika Partanen is very likely to be that first X.

I have to take a rain check on judging Hännikäinen in the 4th. ToBBa here at least seems to think that despite being a big body, he ain't particularly physical and I certainly haven't seen him enough to draw any conclusions of his two-way game. To me he sounds more like a guy who'd be more useful in the upper lines.
Well, I checked Mississauga's thread to find out how Partanen is doing.

Quote:
Partanen has been a mixed bag this year. Obviously, his offensive contributions have been disappointing. The big problem is that he has been getting quality minutes on the top two lines and is not producing. Some nights you get the impression he's going to start putting it together and then on other nights (or even later in the same game), you get the feeling he just hasn't got it at this level.

He has great size...he's an OK skater, has a hard, heavy shot, passes well and isn't useless defensively, but honestly, he has to do more.
He'll be the type that returns to Finland and puts up 20 goal seasons in SMLiga...but to be anything more than that now is doubtful.
He doesn't necessarily seem like a ideal 4th line player either, but it really doesn't matter. It's not like our 4th line has to play against opponent's first line the whole time. They are going to get very limited ice time and they should play simple dump&chase hockey with high energy, finish their checks and get out. That's why I'd prefer big guys who can skate and Hännikäinen has done well in the FEL. Unfortunately Patrik Moisio is injured, he would have been ideal 4th line player. On the other hand, if we have any smaller guys who really can skate, 4th line could be more of a energy line. Has Rautiainen good wheels and can he forecheck?

With 5-7mins of ice time, I'd be comfortable with Partanen & Hännikäinen on the wings. Who should center the 4th line? I have no idea.

Needles is offline   Reply With Quote