View Single Post
Old
11-27-2011, 09:45 AM
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

vCash: 500
Has Minor Hockey Changed?/Disgusting Minor Hockey Story

I'm a referee, and I did a novice game, one of the few I get to do each year.

It was Novice (Grade 2/3) House A, so naturally all the kids are going to the NHL (). Anyways, so there was a loose puck in front of the net, and one of the kids got in a pretty good whack at the goalie. It wasn't a penalty, just a kid doing what's natural and digging for a puck until he hears a whistle. Anyways, so I was the back official on the play. As the little kid was passing by the other teams bench, the coach yelled "You're not going to be happy if you do that again".

I immediately gave him a bench minor and was very tempted to go straight to a match but I know it's very hard to suspend a coach when the proper elevation of events (For players: 2,10,Game | Coaches: 2, Game).

I was also reffing with a first year official who did a really good job, but as we were going to the dressing room told the kid to "read the rulebook".

Why don't parents understand that it's just a game. I mean both of those things in my mind, are completely ridiculous. I'm a referee, and I did a novice game, one of the few I get to do each year.

It was Novice (Grade 2/3) House A, so naturally all the kids are going to the NHL (). Anyways, so there was a loose puck in front of the net, and one of the kids got in a pretty good whack at the goalie. It wasn't a penalty, just a kid doing what's natural and digging for a puck until he hears a whistle. Anyways, so I was the back official on the play. As the little kid was passing by the other teams bench, the coach yelled "You're not going to be happy if you do that again".

I immediately gave him a bench minor and was very tempted to go straight to a match but I know it's very hard to suspend a coach when the proper elevation of events (For players: 2,10,Game | Coaches: 2, Game).

I was also reffing with a first year official who did a really good job, but as we were going to the dressing room told the kid to "read the rulebook".

Why don't parents understand that it's just a game. I mean both of those things in my mind, are completely ridiculous.

Manked is offline   Reply With Quote