View Single Post
Old
11-27-2011, 09:51 AM
stalockrox

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt trick View Post
My top 10 prospects (no goalies)

3. Michael Sgarbossa- 7.0 C: Speedy, gritty goal scorer. Sgarbossa is pretty much everything you could want in a forward prospect. He is an offensive threat with speed, dangle, and willingness to drive to the net, and he has immense heart and grit, with adequate defensive play. What once appeared to be a solid pick up for long term depth may become one of the Sharks biggest steals. Sgarbossa exploded offensively after trading to Sunbury, but also plays a fairly complete game that would fit on some of the league’s best third lines. Throughout his career he has been annoying to play against, and even if the offense doesn’t come, he should be able to carve out a Jed Ortmeyer type career. Career Potential: High end third liner that can fit on a second line. NHL comparison: Steve Ott but much less of a dick.

HM: Konral Abeltshauser/Brandon Mashinter- quality depth players who could earn top 6/ top 4 time with development. Mashinter offers NHL size physicality and fighting, but the package is greater still. Can he make the jump to a 4th line that can also score.
Good list and analysis - maybe you should start writing the prospect updates for the Sharks

I don't know that I agree with the order - and the reason I left Sgarbossa in the quote is becuase of your last sentence...this year, he's toned down the agitating but trust me, the guy can be as big of a dick as Steve Ott and I think he's going to have to bring that part of his game back when he turns pro.

I also think Abseltshauser is the biggest "boom or bust" prospect that the Sharks have. He has the size & skill set to be a very good top 4 d-man, a higher ceiling than both Petrecki and Doherty. However, the chances of him doing that are ??? From what I've seen of him this season, he's been fantastic on both ends of the ice.