View Single Post
Old
11-27-2011, 03:01 PM
Lombardi23

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by garnetpalmetto View Post
Your seats should be fine - there really isn't a bad seat at the RBC Center. What seats are "limited view" are made limited only by clear glass partitions. I'm not a huge fan of the corners but that's not because of any particular problem with those sections.

As for places to eat/drink Friday night, be sure to check the first page - it's as up to date as possible but as Anton Cooper points out, eating of barbeque somewhere is a requirement. Clyde Cooper's and The Pit are both solid choices. If it makes much of a difference to you, The Pit has been featured on Man vs. Food, although not in a challenge. It's also been featured on Throwdown with Bobby Flay, although pitmaster Ed Mitchell is no longer there. Having had both I prefer The Pit to Cooper's but it is oddly upscale for a barbeque joint.

As for Saturday and things to do, I would say it depends on what you like to do. The NC Museum of Art just opened a Rembrandt exhibition this week and the NC Museum of History just opened a new permanent exhibit on North Carolina and its inhabitants throughout history called "The Story of North Carolina." If you like the outdoors there's plenty of parks and greenways to explore.

I'd also recommend visiting a microbrewery or two, particularly Fullsteam in Durham (which is in walking distance of the old Durham Athletic Park where Bull Durham was filmed), Big Boss in Raleigh, or Aviator in Fuquay-Varina. Carolina Brewing Company in Holly Springs also does a free tour starting at 1:00 PM and they give free beer with that too. It's also close enough to Aviator that you could, in theory, take the tour, go to Fuquay to try out Aviator and their smokehouse (although their barbeque isn't as good as Coopers or The Pit), have a beer or two there, then make it to the game. Although I'd advise you stay away from their Devil's Tramping Ground if you do that, since it's pretty high gravity.

If wine is more your taste, head out to Chatham Hill Winery near the airport or any of the Eno River/Chatham County wineries (www.visitncwine.com for more info). Also if you or anybody you're traveling with is a shopper, there's a Tanger Outlets in Mebane about 45 minutes away.

Which Red Roof are you staying in - is that the one on S. Saunders in Raleigh or the one on Walnut St. in Cary?
Thanks for the reply. I think we will definitely be going to the Cooper place for some BBQ. We are staying at the red roof in Cary. BTW are there cab services around town? Not sure how much we plan on drinking, and just wondering the situation for that.

Thanks all!