Thread: PGT: Refs 1 Pens 3 Habs 3
View Single Post
Old
11-27-2011, 02:18 PM
MarkovsKnee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
I disagree on Subban and Gorges. They were far from solid and they hadtrouble clearing the zone. If you can review the video, focus on the disallowed Kunitz "goal."
They were the best at getting the puck out. They didn't get trapped in our end for long periods of time. Subban has some growing up to do, and hopefully he does it, but overall he played well. One play is not a game. The Pens D, including Kris Letang, made mistakes too. They happen. But Subban was hard on the puck, and stepped up with a nice physical game (but not over aggressive).

Emelin should definitely be the 6th D on this team & played before both Diaz and Weber. He had some shifts against Crosby, and while that's not a match-up I want to see a lot of, not yet anyway, Emelin did well and played Crosby physically. We need him on this blueline.

Weber is so inconsistent as a player. There are games where I say yeah that kid is an NHL defenceman. He's going to be a top 4 in this league, and other games where he just doesn't. Confidence, I think is an issue with him. He's only played 73 NHL games over the last three years, so there is still time for him, but I get the feeling it's going to be with another organization.

MarkovsKnee is offline   Reply With Quote