View Single Post
Old
11-27-2011, 02:22 PM
Needles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiLe View Post
Funny, he still does to me. Big, physical, and "not useless defensively".
I don't have any idea how physical Partanen is. Yeah, he's big. That post didn't say anything about his physicality. And what stuck out to me was "you get the feeling he just hasn't got it at this level". But should he be in the 4th line? Well, I think so. I even had Partanen in my early fantasy rosters. At the moment, I don't see many better alternatives.

Quote:
Agree. But what makes Partanen any (or much) worse?
I wasn't making a comparison. That was more of an observation.

Quote:
Otto Paajanen or Mikael Kuronen are the first to pop in mind, since both are given regular SM-liiga minutes in the very role. But since we have few extra upper echelon wingers, one option is to put a guy like Hännikäinen or Teräväinen into the 3rd line and put Ruuttu here.
I was thinking someone "expendable" and Kuronen could fit the bill. IIRC, Ruuttu-Barkov worked well in Vaasa so I'd keep them together.

Quote:
I repeat what I said about Hännikäinen. Everybody's liking what they've seen of his offensive capabilities and overall game, yours truly included, but if we're to use him in a 4th line role... big body? Check. Physicality? Question mark.
I wouldn't over-analyze the situation so I would just pick the best big winger available (Hännikäinen). That said, I'm not a professional hockey coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToBBa
Granlund - Granlund - Pulkkinen
Salomäki - Mustonen - Armia
Donskoi - Barkov - Teräväinen
Partanen - Ruuttu - Hännikäinen
I'm also starting to lean towards having both Granlunds in the the same line, since they do so in HIFK. They aren't the biggest guys around but they play fearlessly and definitely have some serious chemistry. I can see the first line working without any grinders:

Granlund - Granlund - Pulkkinen
Donskoi - Mustonen - Salomäki
Ruuttu - Barkov - Armia
Partanen - Kuronen - Hännikäinen
Teräväinen

Like I said earlier, I would like to keep Ruuttu and Barkov together. And I truly feel that Ruuttu's talents would be wasted in the 4th line. And our top9 really could use his size and grit.

For me Teräväinen would be the ideal 13th forward. He's not perhaps good enough to be a starter in top9 just yet, but he's definitely a potential impact player. Just like Salomäki last year. And he could play in every line in the top9 so guys like Armia, Ruuttu and Mustonen have to bring their A game every night.

Needles is offline   Reply With Quote