View Single Post
Old
11-27-2011, 03:30 PM
Drewbackatu*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
You need a reality check... Marc Staal is one of the best shutdown defenseman in the league.... Don't take it from Ranger fans, go ask fans of other teams how they feel about his game.... You obviously can't trust any opinion from Ranger fans since you are so convinced that the player's reputation is 100% because of his last name...

How does our defensive depth look if one of Girardi, Sauer, McDonagh, or MDZ suffers a serious injury? Who's going to round out the top 4, Woywitka? Eminger? Stralman? How about Erixon? Mike Sauer has an extensive injury the history.... The minute we lose one of our current top 4 defensemen to injury, this team will be in rough shape on the back end...
I'm not saying that any of our core defensemen should be traded any time soon. This is all a moot point since Staal isn't healthy at this time. All I'm saying that if certains IFS come to fruition(Erikson, Mcilrath, etc, then it would be a salary cap issue to move one of our defenseman. I'm also not saying that Staal's reputation is 100% based on his last name; but it sure doesn't hurt that he has two more famous brothers who are better players, does it? I'm not alone in my opinion around here that Staal is overrated, believe me!