Thread: Line Combos: New lines
View Single Post
Old
11-27-2011, 05:42 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
That is just all facepalm. It's hard to fathom such changes. Obviously Hunter is the biggest WTF move out of them all. This is not the same guy that scored 25 goals for the Islanders nearly a decade ago... He's only scored more than 35 points once since 2005, and he had his second lowest goal totals and finished the year a -17. I don't care what anybody says, Hunter is not an offensive player. He is now a grinding bottom 6'er, who is now a fringe NHL'er mercenary. I would much rather see someone like Richardson or Lewis there than Hunter.

The next biggest thing is the defensive pairings. I am all down with giving Voynov the nod and promotion, but I can't say that I like the fact that Johnson and Greene are now paired up. Even though Jack has been good for us this year, it is just a recipe for disaster.

The third line is interesting, but I don't think Williams should be down there in the first place. He has been ineffective for a bit now, but I don't think he deserves to be on the bottom 6. I would do:

Brown-Kopitar-Stoll
Gange-Richards-Williams
Clifford-Loktionov-Lewis
Richardson-Fraser-Westgarth

Johnson-Doughty
Mitchell-Voynov
Scuderi-Greene

“This is for you Kings fans wherever you may be. All the frustration and disappointment of the past is gone. The 45 year drought is over. The Los Angeles Kings are indeed the Kings of the National Hockey League. They are the 2012 Stanley Cup Champions!” - Bob Miller
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote