Thread: Line Combos: New lines
View Single Post
Old
11-27-2011, 09:43 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

vCash: 500
I actually think that is a good shake up. Here are my thoughts:

Glad to see Loktionov at center. I think giving Loktionov some offensive help on the wings (Williams) is a smart move and gives him a chance to succeed in that role. Glad to see Gagne with Richards. I've been advocating that for quite a while. While Hunter with Kopitar might be a headscratcher, it really isn't. This is Hunter's opportunity to perform. If he can't score on a line with Kopitar, he isn't going to. Kopitar was able to score when Raitis Ivanans was on his line so I'm not too worried about him. He'll have to make a sacrifice for the good of the team (at least for the time being).

You get 3 lines of balanced scoring with this set up. I hope that when Penner is activated, Brown is moved to Loktionov's right wing and Williams is reunited with Kopitar. Hunter will probably be waived at that point if Loktionov performs pretty well. Put Penner back with Kopitar and hope he can get him going. Brown has zero chemistry with Richards and Williams and Kopitar work really well together.

I always have thought it would make sense to have Gagne on Richards wing because they have chemistry and put Williams with Kopitar as they do too. I also think this is possibly the first step in the exit of Stoll. If Loktionov is able to get that line scoring, I would love to see Stoll moved possibly with Martinez for a physical third liner who can actually score from time to time. Somebody like Wayne Simmonds was in his time here. I'm not sure who that could be or what it would cost to make that move but that is just an idea.

When Hunter doesn't perform and Penner is ready, I'd like to see this set up:

Penner Kopitar Williams
Gagne Richards Stoll
Richardson Loktionov Brown
Moreau/Clifford Fraser Lewis/Westgarth

Mix and match your 4th line but I think Lewis and Richardson are needed in the line up because of their speed. Interchange Moreau and Clifford until one of them starts performing or send Clifford down and leave Hunter in the press box. Either way you slice it, the Kings needs to have the physical presence of Moreau or Clifford in the line up and having Moreau in a 4th line role with limited minutes is a role suited for him.

Last edited by Buddy The Elf: 11-27-2011 at 09:50 PM.
Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote