View Single Post
Old
11-28-2011, 02:51 AM
Krishna

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandlansd View Post
They might've stated they can afford all 3 and intend to re-sign them, but the Devils say the same thing about Parise. Any team in this situation makes that statement. If you can actually re sign them all, then you're going to say you have room for them. If you can't actually re-sign them all, you're still going to say you can just to keep the trade value high. When a team's hand is "forced" and everyone in the NHL knows it, the value goes down. See Flyers Gagne and numerous other examples.

As to your assertion that several teams would offer sheet Weber, I state the following:
Just like everyone offer sheeted Stamkos?

Realistically, nobody is ever going to offer 4 1st round picks for a player. In a cap environment, this just will not happen. 2 1sts, a 2nd, and a 3rd is the max level teams will probably be willing to offer sheet. That limits the AAV of the deal to about $7.8M. The Flyers are one of the richest teams in the NHL and I think Snyder would have no problem offering a max front loaded deal w/ the highest # of years to beat any other team's offer. And furthermore, Weber gets to choose which offer sheet to sign. If Weber decides he wants out of NSH, we'd likely be one of his ideal destinations and if it's even close between us and a team like NYI, I'm sure he takes our offer.

Now a UFA Suter? That's a different story. We won't be able to win that bidding war IMO... unless Suter wants to come here and is willing to take less $$$.
There's a difference between Nashville and New Jersey..
New Jersey has management that put the money up for the year year in and year out.. Leave the debt talk out of this conversation

Nashville has always had management that had to work with what the owner was willing to spend, which was not much more than the floor. He is willing to put money up to keep all of Rinne, Suter, and Weber as long as they want market value.

I personally have no doubt that Suter and Weber will be resigned. And if one is not resigned, i believe it will be Weber who will be traded for a more than a lot of people think.

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote