View Single Post
Old
11-28-2011, 09:37 AM
Mr. Hab

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
If Gorges goes, he goes. Worse things have happened to the Habs over the years. He's not Patrick Roy ... or Andrei Markov.
Sorry for this...'cause I love reading your posts! (incl. your off-topic posts like your Mensa one!).

But...had to chirp in here with the bold part!! (had to!).

Patrick Roy: as a Hab...Stanley Cups in 1986 and 1993, and...Cup Final in 1989. Gave lots of bragging rights to us Hab fans.

Markov: this is gonna be fun!, well...Markov is all about ''can't any of you remember how good he is/was?!'', ''he's one of the best dmen out there'' (yeah, on the injury list), ''his across the ice passes in PP are out of this world'' (I agree, but still...he's never around to make them). Markov is not Raymond Bourque, Chelios, etc...Markov is a poor man's version of Lidstrom cerabral (but can't even come close to staying healthy like Lidstrom can/does). Markov...5,75mil/year and has not helped our Habs for 3 seasons now. He better stay healthy this time or else the 5,75mil/year for next 2 seasons should go to someone else.

I'd take another Gorges over never-there-Markov (doesn't matter how good some of you htink he is...what's the point when he is never there...not even there for the 2 team photo shoots!!!).

Gorges-Subban
Campoli-Gorges
Spacek-Gill
Emelin
Diaz
Weber
St-Denis
Markov (injured as usual and still collecting $5,75mil/year...season after season after season...).

Mr. Hab is offline   Reply With Quote