View Single Post
Old
11-28-2011, 10:53 AM
WeekendAtBernies

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Matt Carle has been terrible for 2 seasons. It's just a great job that he has Chris freaking Pronger on his line.

Bryzgalov is entering a new team, with new systems and new players. Heaven forbid it takes him more than 20 games on the season to get accustomed to playing with the team.

I bet you were saying stamkos was a bust too in his rookie year........
Yep... I definitely thought Stamkos was a bust. That's why I'm promoting Bob too... cause he was so great during his rookie year down the stretch. /sarcasm

Seriously? Get over yourself.

Bryzgalov = 31 year old 10+ year veteran. He doesn't get the "rookie slide". You can't judge a young player based on what they do their rookie year b/c there's still untapped potential and they are often still growing into their bodies. It's different w/ Bryz. He's in his prime, he's matured physically. He won't be getting any better... in fact, he'll be declining eventually.

We paid for a #1 goalie. I hated the move from the start b/c he was softer than butter in the playoffs against the Red Wings and completely shut down and showed 0 confidence. Simply put, the guy is a head case IMO and he cannot and will not succeed in this high pressure environment. But the contract we gave him on top of all that just sealed it. It was (and still is) a terrible move and I don't see Bryz getting better any time soon.

Feel free to bring this back up if/when he does hit his stride(I certainly hope to have this thrown back in my face), but I just don't see it happening.

WeekendAtBernies is offline   Reply With Quote