View Single Post
Old
11-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Larry44
FlyersTankNation

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirimon View Post
I just finished watching this game... I kind of wish I hadn't. That was a poorly played game by us. We've been much too sloppy lately. This game was really boring as well, despite the early fights and the whole HBO thing there wasn't much energy from either side.

Coburn had a pretty strong game though, he's been good since that kidney thing, Hartnell continues to play well both offensively and defensively, and Bobrovsky had another fairly solid game (even though he probably would want that 2nd goal back).
I just thought the team looked a little tired and undermanned. With JVR and Jagr out, you could argue we're missing our two best wingers. Add Pronger and Lilja to that, with two rookies on D, and it really broke up the whole flow of things.

It's in games like this that stupid penalties like the one Meszaros took (use your shoulder, man) really kill you.

The Rangers were devoting their entire energy to stopping Giroux, so it was game in which the 2nd and 3rd lines needed to step up and do something. They didn't.

We had chances but didn't bury. If Hartnell scores on his breakaway early, it's a completely different game. Voracek had a couple good chances too.

At our end, Richards' goal was a fluke, he fluttered it completely. The second goal was goalie interference if it was scored on any other team.

Given the injury situation, to win 2 of the last three games, after a mini-slump, is OK.

They need to start a winning streak next weekend, that's all.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote