View Single Post
Old
11-28-2011, 04:25 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
You need solid depth guys to win championships, and I think Murray has drafted the right kind of players in order to ensure that.

I think Blood, Gryba and Borocop will be a big part of the defence. I don;t know whether they will convert Sdao to a winger or keep him as a D, but he could very well be a big part of the team. Kramer will be a big part of the bottom six and take on a similar role to Neil as both the physical and emotional leader. Grant and Dziurzynski could both, with a bit more refinement, be a big part of the bottom six.
I find myself agreeing with you a lot, I think we both are of the opinion that we want Ottawa to have a bigger tougher team. Michalek & Phillips will be in their last yr & not sure if Anderson will still be here but he will still have a contract.

This is my guess as to what the roster will be in 3 yrs ... I think Puempel, Prince, Noesen, Claesson, Fransoo, Blood & Sdao etc.. will be in Bingo. I think Filatov will wear out his welcome, Da Costa may never be strong enough. Depending on who Ottawa drafts in the next 3 yrs they could take jobs away from anyone especially on defence where I think we need to get better.

Greening - Spezza - Butler
Hoffman - Zibanejad - Michalek
Foligno - Grant - Silfverberg
Kramer - Z. Smith - Stone/O'Brien/DZ

Cowen - Karlsson
Boroweicki - Rundblad
Wiercicoh - Gryba/Phillips

Lehner - Anderson

aragorn is online now   Reply With Quote