View Single Post
Old
11-28-2011, 06:15 PM
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
Well, he is tough like those defenseman, but he has a temper.
He'll drop the mitts too, but he needs to take some boxing lessons if he wants to fight at the NHL level.
He seems to like to try to land as many as he can initially and then his opponent ends up countering as soon as he makes a mistake and he gets taken down because he loses his balance.
Agreed about the fighting. I love his willingness to throw the gloves and stick up for teammates (loved him going after Conboy a couple weeks ago for a high hit), but he's not a fantastic pugilist. He reminds me of Mike Weber in that respect. He's very game and will be the first to answer the call for his boys...but he needs to brush up on his fist throwing. Of course, boxing you can teach. Heart and attitude you can't. The kid has that in abundance.

He has the pedigree being a former first round pick, and from the games I've been to, it seems that he's putting those skills the Washington scouts noticed way back when together. He's good positionally, can be physical when needed (though not overly so), and plays a good, stay-at-home type of game. A 6'8 guy who can play defense and throw the 'nucks on occasion as a No. 6 down the line? The idea makes me warm and fuzzy.

Rhett4 is offline   Reply With Quote