View Single Post
Old
11-28-2011, 08:04 PM
Herby
Culture Changer

vCash: 500
Exactly PSP,

So many of the moves have been made in the name of "Building from the back out" for six seasons that is what they have been doing, and that is why we are where we are at with an inability to score goals.

The personnel and coaching are a direct result of the organizational philosophy, until that changes the results on the ice will continue to be what they are. Dean Lombardi is not going to change his stripes, either you believe that defensive 2-1 hockey is the most successful way to build a hockey team or you don't. Not to offend anyone here, but the people that say "I believe in Dean, but not Terry" are a bit ignorant in my mind, because they are one in the same, they both subscribe to the defensive style.

I personally don't believe in this style, and I realize that bringing in yet another coach is not going to change things. This team actually needs a defensive coach who believes in Lombardi 2-1 hockey. An offensive coach with Dean's views on personnel would not mix.

I hope Lombardi is replaced sooner than later, but as long as he is here we are better off with Murray. Although I hope they are both dumped soon.