View Single Post
Old
11-28-2011, 08:25 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

vCash: 500
I don't buy this stuff that Filatov didn't get a fair shake yet. He came out of training camp on the 1st line & played there for a number of games. He was also on the 2nd line for awhile with Alfredson so he got to play with our best forwards in numerous games & didn't put up any points. Obviouly on the 1st line he gets to play with some better offensive players but if he has as much skill as I keep reading on here he should also be able to score from the 4th line playing against other teams 4th line or inferior talent. He looks like he is trying but just not getting results & unfortunately the NHL is a results business.

Elite players should make their own good fortune, I think Gaborik could still blow by guys going wide & score goals if he was on the 4th line, he could make his own offense. I think people are just making excuses for this guy in the hope that he can break out at some point. If anyone should win the Bochenski award it just might be Filatov. I hope he all of a sudden gets it & goes on a tear, that would be great for Ottawa & answer a few questions regarding the team going forward. But let's not hold our collective breath, he could also be another Bochenski.

aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote