View Single Post
Old
11-28-2011, 10:16 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaygokings View Post
I am not convinced. After the season he had last year and the one he is having this year. Simmonds will never become an impact third liner. He is a just plain mediocre third line grinder. Maybe you are saying we need that right now....but sorry been there done that. It would be stupid to trade picks and prospects or a roster player to get back someone we traded away 6 months ago.

Just stupid. If we could have used him why trade him in the 1st place...and if you are Philly trading him away, why acquire him in the first place.

There are plenty of Wayne Simmonds in the NHL to be had. No need to re-hash 6 months in, and at the age of 23.

Clearly it hurt your feelings that we traded Simmer.
LMAO. Don't try and turn this into some silly mancrush on my part. I was a big fan of Simmonds, but we got Richards. I've been a HUGE Richards supporter since he was in Kitchener. I'd do that trade everyday of the week, even without the benefit of hindsight. If there is anyone I'd mancrush about, it'd be Richards.

It would be stupid of Philly to trade Simmonds back, I agree, but LA taking him back wouldn't be a silly move. The guy had three solid seasons in LA and clearly fit well into the system TM uses. As well, as you pointed out, he's 23. Let's see, get a 23 year old who can post 15 goals, 30 points on the third line and not only fits into your coaches system, but has played in it for three years. Yeah, that's sure stupid of us to get someone like that in, especially with our 3rd and 4th lines playing so lights out like they have.

Simmonds would fit well in here again and we gave him up solely to get a better player. That's it. It seems clear you're not a Simmonds fan, and that's fine, but don't act like he'd be a square peg in a round hole here if he came back.