View Single Post
Old
11-29-2011, 12:04 AM
Inflict
Viking

vCash: 500
I think the matter is simple really. Attempt to sign your core players and when the trade deadline hits, assess whether you are going to be a buyer (in the playoff race), seller (out of the playoff race) or both (somewhere in between). If you are a buyer, you would generally keep your UFAs unless you can use them to improve the team immediately.

Our core UFAs right now are Slater, Welwood, and Glass so we should attempt to sign them. If we cannot sign them by the trade deadline, listen to offers but don't trade them unless you are given an offer that exceeds their value. Attempt to sign them until July 1st if possible.

I think Mason will be signed again but not until after the season is over. We need a veteran backup goaltender but Aebischer and Mannino do not fit the bill.

Flood will probably be signed to a similar deal that Meech signed over the summer. Meech will not be kept around and Oduya is a good candidate for a trade once our defense are healthy enough. I also wouldn't mind signing him to a 1 year 2.5 mil contract.

Either Jaffray or Stapleton will be signed but I do not see both of them. I think Jaffray will get the nod as we can sign him to a two-way deal and he has played better than Stapleton IMO.

Last edited by Inflict: 11-29-2011 at 12:12 AM.
Inflict is offline   Reply With Quote