View Single Post
Old
11-29-2011, 10:29 AM
Winger23

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
I'm starting to see glimmers of good signs on the scoring front.

5 on 5 goals - the Kings have been scoring more of them of late (which is timely considering the PP isn't producing).

Secondary scoring - it's actually scoring a goal here or there, which is what it should be doing.

I'm HOPING all of our scoring elements will start to stabilize and produce on a more consistent basis, but there are good signs in these games.
I enjoyed the win, but I'm still not ready to say I'm seeing any improvement. Quick still had to stand on his head to pull out the victory. Moreau's goal was a gift goal, and Richards goal came during 4 on 4 play. Even Brown's near goal in the 3rd was 4 on 4. I'm not seeing the improvement 5 on 5 even with the extra shots coming from everywhere.

Last 5 games the Kings have scored 9 goals, less than 2 a game. Richards, who I have a huge man crush on, has 4 of the 9 goals. Where would this team be without this guy?

Maybe it's just me, but for as much as Fox was saying the Kings were controlling tempo, the Sharks had a ton more scoring opportunities than the Kings did. It was just one of those nights where Quick decided 1 goal was going to be enough. If the Kings would get chances like the Sharks did on a consistant basis then I would definately be more excited than I currently am. I'm just not seeing it.

And I hope I'm wrong, but Kopi is appearing to go back into his typical 1/4 season slump. He starts off hot, then cools off for a few weeks. We need this guy to get back to doing what he was doing earlier in the season. Of course it's going to be harder for him considering his wingers....

Winger23 is offline   Reply With Quote