View Single Post
Old
11-29-2011, 10:33 AM
Billy Madison*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Squirtle View Post
I don't think Ryan has ever been known to have a bad work ethich nor has he ever been considered a cancer. I don't feel the Heatley comparison is warranted.

I know they're having trouble scoring goals (which seems almost ridiculous with Perry, Getzlaf and Ryan on your team) but they seem to have having a lot of trouble keeping the puck out of their own zone too. Visnovsky isn't getting it done maybe we could offer them Gonchar, or package something around Phillips. I'm sure we'd all love to get rid of Kuba or Lee and we aren't willing to part with Karlsson, Rundblad or Cowen so this is all I could think of.
He was having major issues cracking the Ducks lineup in large part to off ice training and his weight. He's not a "lazy" player but he takes a ton of nights off and doesn't work very hard away from the rink. A ton of weight training though, not hockey training.

2 power forwards in their mid 20's playing with 2 high end skilled players, while having signed HUGE 5-6 year deals. What exactly is the difference between Heatley and Ryan there?