View Single Post
Old
11-29-2011, 10:33 AM
PostmanPat1919

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inflict View Post
Buff is in the top 10 for defensemen in scoring on a below .500 team without Tobby Enstrom. Oh, and a Stanley Cup too. I think he is worth the money. I also think he has better days ahead of him. Plus, I don't think there is a team in this league that wouldn't want him.... except for maybe Canucks fans.

I also doubt we will trade away any of our RFAs during the season as all of the players need at least a full season to be evaluated by Chevy and the rest of the management.
Byfuglien isn't worth his contract if anything because of his poor defensive play. His offensive skills weren't really in question, although there were some doubts whether he'd be able to put up 50 points again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inflict View Post
Either Jaffray or Stapleton will be signed but I do not see both of them. I think Jaffray will get the nod as we can sign him to a two-way deal and he has played better than Stapleton IMO.
I think Stapleton is a more versatile player than Jaffray is, and hence makes a more effective no. 13 forward on the roster. Jaffray is almost certainly not leaving the organization either way as if he doesn't get a contract with the Jets, he'll get one with the IceCaps. His ability to lead an AHL team isn't in question and management is familiar with him.

PostmanPat1919 is offline   Reply With Quote